If I had to describe myself, it would be in a word that has many meanings with a complexity which falls off the tongue.
A word made up of many elements, is deceptive in appearance, and creates an illusion from the imagination.
My word would be Phantasmagoric. ~Summer Ross

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Teaser: Ridicules declaration

It's Tuesday teaser.
I'm still reading the same book-

"I love you danced on my tongue and knocked on my teeth, and I clamped my jaw to prevent the ridiculous declaration from leaping out.
When it was safe to speak, I managed to say, 'good night, Tomas.'
But to my own ears it had sounded just the same as the words I'd refused to say." pg 168

18 comments:

CeCe said...

great teaser! I love that last line. I suppose it doesn't always mattter what you say, but how you say it.

CeCe @ Steaming Mug of Books

shelly said...

Excellent teaser.

Hugs and chocolate,
Shelly

Crystal Collier said...

Ooh, what a sweet line. I'm looking forward to your rating on the book. It sounds good, but the TBR list is getting ridiculously long.

Michael Di Gesu said...

Terrific first line... Very uniquely described!

Happy Tuesday, Summer!

Cherie Reich said...

Aww! What a great teaser!

Lisa Gail Green said...

Ack! Now another book for my ever growing TBR list!! LOL!

Kittie Howard said...

What a fab teaser! I really want to know more.

Erin Kane Spock said...

What a great teaser. Looks like a good book.

Natalie Aguirre said...

Great teaser. And cool cover too.

Susan Oloier said...

That is indeed a nice teaser!!! Great cover, too.

Christine Rains said...

Fabulous teaser! Another book I need to pick up.

dolorah said...

Loved the teaser.

......dhole

Carol Kilgore said...

Great passage!

Stina said...

Sounds great. Love the teaser.

LTM said...

NICE. Jumping the gun on the "I love you." Always scary. :D <3

Stephen Tremp said...

Not my genre, but I do recognize talent and this is an excellent teaser!

Susan Kane said...

That is a grabber, for sure.

Unknown said...

Great teaser! We often speak with our hearts even when the words don't match.

I heart comments~~ You all Rock my world!

Make your own